Aerial View of Downtown 


Taken in about 1945, this aerial photo shows a partial view of the downtown section of McIntyre. The company store is visible in the lower left-hand side. A smoking rock dump, where mine tailings were taken, can be seen in the background. The downtown area consisted of the company store, the post office and several private businesses. 

















Photo: courtesy Archives Department, Rochester and Pittsburgh 
Coal Company Records, Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Home Historical Overview McIntyre