Page 3 of 1910 Letter
The letter refers to the Jewell tract of land at the
"north end of the Jacksonville field" which was where the new town of
McIntyre was being developed. Names of others who sold tracts of land to the
Coal Company are also
mentioned and highlighted for easier reading. On August 25, 1910, the Indiana Evening Gazette
the official birth of McIntyre on its first
page, with the headline "a new town has sprung up."